The most popular song format in the world today is MP3. Although popular but unfortunately, MP3 is very outdated and even the license for the program has been stopped since last May 2017. So what's the replacement?
Listening to music is a hobby for many people nowadays. In fact, you could say, songs are a part of life. It's natural, because with songs the atmosphere of our lives can change
The most popular song format in the world today is MP3. Although popular but unfortunately, MP3 is very outdated and even the license for the program has been stopped since May 2017 then. So what's the replacement?
- Goodbye MP3 Audio Files!
- Here's the Difference between MP3, MP4, and M4A: Which is the Best?
- 15 Best Android Apps Download MP3 Songs and Music
This is the difference between MP3 and FLACPhoto source: Image: VOX Music Player
Both MP3 and FLAC are indeed a song format, but the quality is very different. To make the difference clear, Jaka will try to explain to you one by one as follows...
1. Understanding MP3Photo source: Image: Wikipedia
MP3 or MPEG Audio Layer III is an audio format with a compression level of approx 75% until 95% of the original size. Still has a fairly good sound quality, but the reduction in quality from the high level of compression is unavoidable.
Advantages of MP3
- The file size is much smaller, suitable for small storage space.
- Can use a variety of audio devices perfunctory.
- Easy to stream, no fast internet connection required.
- Audio Bit Rate up to 320Kbps.
Lack of MP3
- The sound range is very narrow due to high compression.
- Audio graphics are often rough, so it hurts the ears.
2. Definition of FLACPhoto source: Image: Wikipedia
FLAC or Free Lossless Audio Codec is an audio format with a compression level of approx 50% until 60% of the original size. With a file size much larger than MP3, the sound quality is maintained to be very similar to the audio source.
Advantages of FLAC
- The sound range is much wider.
- The sound graphics are very smooth, it doesn't hurt the ears.
- Audio Bit Rate up to 4068Kbps.
Disadvantages of FLAC
- The file size is very large, at least three times that of MP3.
- Must be heard using hi-res audio devices.
- Heavy to stream with slow internet.
3. Comparison of Side by Side MP3 vs FLAC
For more details, you can listen to the following audio sample. But before you start listening, make sure you use a hi-res audio device. Because if you don't, it will feel the same.
Have you tried listening to it using a hi-res audio device, how is it really not the difference? For that, in the future, don't use MP3, just use FLAC. Hope the information is useful!
Oh yes, also make sure you read articles related to Music or other interesting articles from 1S.
Banners: ShutterstockVIEW ARTICLE